Nami ryu Aiki Heiho Seminar with James Williams Sensei
June 10th & 11th, 2017 (Sat/Sun)
Single Day: $150
Both Days: $250
Call Brian Williams at (615) 293-8369 for more information or to register.
Payment: Credit Card, Personal Check (with ID), Cash
- Seminars focus on Aiki-jujutsu and sword-based (kenjutsu) principles and how they are used in modern day applications
ABOUT AIKI-JUJUTSU AND NAMI RYU
Aiki-Jujutsu is a hidden or inner art in that it is not possible to see what is really making the technique work. The basic tenet is never to oppose force with force, but to direct and utilize the power of the attack to overthrow the enemy with his own strength.
Nami Ryu Aiki Heiho is a school, or system (“ryu”), for training in the ancient martial arts that were exclusively used by the Samurai warrior caste. Nami ryu is a Sogo Bujutsu – the curriculum covers a wide range of bugei (“martial arts”), which encompass skills that were once necessary for the Samurai warrior in the performance of his martial duties. Nami ryu has its basis in kenjutsu and iaijutsu, Japanese sword combat arts.
ABOUT JAMES WILLIAMS SENSEI
James has trained, competed in, and taught a number of different martial disciplines: Japanese, Okinawan, Chinese, Filippino, as well as the Brazilian system of Jujitsu as taught by Rorion and Royce Gracie.
His experience includes western wrestling, which he also coached, as well as competing in boxing and kickboxing.
His love of samurai martial traditions came with his study of the Yanagi ryu of the Yoshida han under Don Angier Sensei and the martial traditions of the Kuroda han and Komagawa Kaishin ryu as taught by Kuroda Tetsuzan Sensei. James also studied Daito ryu Roppokai with Okamoto Seigo sensei.
To see more, visit James Williams official System of Strategy YouTube channel.
- Is the seminar open to everyone?
- What should I wear to the seminar?
- For those with Military, Police, or Correctional Experience.
- Do I need a wooden practice sword (bokken), or a real sword or knife for the seminar?
- Can I bring my sword or knife to the seminar?
- I train in Aikido and/or Jujutsu. What will I learn at this seminar?